- The FracTracker Alliance shares maps, data, and analyses to communicate impacts of the global oil and gas industry and informs actions that positively shape our energy future.
- The Concerned Health Professionals of New York publish and update a ompendium of the scientific, medical, and media findings demonstrating risks and harms of fracking.
- Shalefield Stories: A project of Friends of the Harmed
“Shalefield Stories is a volunteer, collaborative project by concerned citizens. This publication provides a voice to individuals and families who have been impacted by the recent oil and gas development in their area. The aim of Shalefield Stories is to educate the public and our representatives through their first-hand shared experiences, testimonials and the most up-to-date information and research. They collaborate with public health researchers, environmental organizations, and grassroots groups to provide support and aid to affected individuals and families in Western Pennsylvania through our non-profit organization, Friends of the Harmed, a project of the Thomas Merton Center.”
- Pennsylvania Alliance for Clean Water and Air – List of the Harmed
The Pennsylvania Alliance for Clean Water and Air is a group of concerned citizens in Western Pennsylvania with the common goal of protecting our natural resources and the environment- primarily from the dangers of hydraulic fracturing (or “fracking”) in the Marcellus Shale Play.
The List of the Harmed is an ever-growing list of the individuals and families that have been harmed by fracking (or fracked gas and oil production) in the US.
- The FracFocus Chemical Disclosure Website provides a central location for public and industry to communicate and relay information on the chemicals used during the process of hydraulic fracturing of oil or gas wells. The FracFocus website provides impartial and balanced education tools to the public on the topic of hydraulic fracturing and is being hosted by the Ground Water Protection Council (GWPC) and the Interstate Oil and Gas Compact Commission (IOGCC).
- SkyTruth is a nonprofit organization using remote sensing and digital mapping to make all people see and understand the environmental consequences of human activity everywhere on Earth, and to motivate people to take action to protect it.
Sky Truth – If you can see it, you can change it.
- PSE Health Energy
gathers all the scientific reports done in the US on fracking
In the Library section the studies are classified thematically.
In the specific section at ZOTERO you find a different approach to study citations held in the PSE database.
- DOGGR (Division of Oil, Gas, and Geothermal Resources) Well Finder
“This tool combines and enhances two Web applications previously available on the DOGGR Web site – CalNR Online Mapping (notices received) and DOMs, the DOGGR Online Mapping System. This innovative new system lets users locate a well by street address, API number, latitude/longitude, Public Land Survey System coordinates (township/range/section), or by oil/gas field. It also allows a user to utilize or exclude a variety of data layers, including various boundaries, types of wells, and interim notices and permits, including the use of hydraulic fracturing or acid matrix stimulation. Once the user has determined the parameters he or she wants to view, clicking on an individual well symbol provides a variety of data, including a link to the well record and, if applicable, a link to the interim well stimulation notice submitted to DOGGR.”
- You are here map – explores the shale gas infrastructure of our region and the communities affected by the industry, and what communities are doing to defend their land, water, air and democracy.
Why The Map: The You Are Here Map makes the fracking infrastructure connections visible since it is not available to the public in a comprehensive manner, and works to connect people to grassroots groups fighting gas infrastructure at the local level.
- The Environmental Justice Atlas
A teaching, networking and advocacy resource. Strategists, activist organizers, scholars, and teachers will find many uses for the database, as well as citizens wanting to learn more about the often invisible conflicts taking place.
- Public Medline
is a searchable bibliography of millions of medical and some technical scientific publications.
Example search “hydraulic fracturing health”
- The Endocrine Disruption Exchange
Peer-reviewed Papers on Chemicals in Oil and Gas Operations
This database lists references to peer-reviewed scientific articles related to unconventional oil and gas production. Most references included on this page were chosen for their relevance to potential health impacts from exposure to oil and gas related chemicals.
- Mines and Communities (MAC) seeks to exposes the social, economic, and environmental impacts of mining, particularly as they affect Indigenous and land-based peoples. Global in scope, the site was set up in 2001 by organisations and individuals from seven different countries who met in London to demand far greater accountability and transparency on the part of the minerals’ industry.
The SHEER project addresses the topic LCE-16-2014: Understanding, preventing and mitigating the potential environmental impacts and risks of Shale Gas Exploration and Exploitation.
SHEER will set up a probabilistic methodology to assess and mitigate the short and the long term environmental risks connected to the exploration and exploitation of shale gas.
SHEER will utilize monitoring data available in literature integrated by monitoring data acquired during the project in one European shale gas exploitation site.
- “PetroWiki was developed by the Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) as a vehicle for knowledge capture and sharing. The initial content for PetroWiki was SPE’s seven-volume Petroleum Engineering Handbook (PEH), published in 2006-2007. … SPE is a professional society for individuals working in the oil and gas exploration and production industry globally. SPE had more than 147,000 members in more than 143 countries around the world at yearend 2015. SPE’s mission is:
To collect, disseminate, and exchange technical knowledge concerning the exploration, development and production of oil and gas resources, and related technologies for the public benefit; and to provide opportunities for professionals to enhance their technical and professional competence.“
- Resources Futures – The New Political Economy of Resources
Resource insecurity has come back with a vengeance. The new political economy of resources is driven by the scale and speed of demand growth from emerging economies and a decade of tight commodity markets.
Whether or not resources are running out, the outlook is one of supply disruptions, volatile prices, accelerated environmental degradation and rising political tensions over resource access.
- The UN Comtrade Database provides free access to detailed global trade data. UN Comtrade is a repository of official trade statistics and relevant analytical tables. It contains annual trade statistics starting from 1962 and monthly trade statistics since 2010. — More details